Head of Animation
We’re looking for a special kind of head of animation to join our team. A talented creative animation genius to head up our animation studio in Johannesburg. You need to possess a creative eye and artistic aptitude and be highly proficient in both 2D & 3D animation. A strong leader who can inspire, guide, push and grow the team.
You need to be bold, innovative and not afraid to take up a challenge and not afraid to get down in the trenches with your team.
As a manager of the animation team, you will need to work on your own projects as well as lead, guide & motivate. You will also be responsible for the creative output of the studio along with our ECD.
- You need be proficient at CGI Software, photo realistic models, editing, filming techniques, cinematography, lighting
- Interest in movies, music, gaming, character design & storytelling
- Creative with strong conceptual, high creative strategic thinker
- Lead the animation studio, and drive the work by generating ideas, guiding creative teams, developing concepts and executing work to polished completion
- Present and sell ideas both internally and to clients
- Exceptional attention to detail, consistency and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously & work effectively under pressure
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Self-motivated and accountable
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Be a team player and have excellent communication skills.
- Turn scripts and develop storyboards into animations.
- Create 2D & 3D CGI models from concepts & drawings.
- Collaborate with management & other creatives.
- Have experience in project management & deliverables.
- Be comfortable working with deadlines and budget restrictions.
Qualifications and experience
- Min of eight+ years’ experience
- Tertiary qualification
- Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office
- CGI software – Cinema 4D, Blender, Lightwave & Octane
R35 000 – R45 000 CTC (Depending on experience)